[sane-devel] hp scanjet 5300c works, but not with SaneTwain

Erik Lotspeich erik at lotspeich.org
Mon Aug 30 19:51:39 UTC 2010

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my HP Scanjet 6300.  Although I fiddled
with the timeout in the libsane code, I found that the real problem was
dust!  Although the glass was clean, the internal mirrors were covered
in a thick layer of dust and the scanner was having trouble
self-calibrating.  Cleaning the internal mirrors made the scanner
operate much faster, more reliably and with better image quality!

Regards,

Erik