[sane-devel] hp scanjet 5300c works, but not with SaneTwain

Yves Jeanrenaud yves.jeanrenaud at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 20:26:23 UTC 2010

Hi Erik,

thanks for your fast response. I will try this. Ineed, the scanner is
quite old and looks quite dusty.

I found out some more details. it seems to be connected to the
resolution. using 100 dpi it works, 150 fails at about 12.5%:
scanimage -p -v --resolution 150 > /www/tmp/test.pnm
scanimage: scanning image of size 1264x1765 pixels at 24 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring RGB frame
scanimage: min/max graylevel value = 102/255
scanimage: sane_read: Error during device I/O

so, to me this supports your tipp. I try to clean the scanner parts
and report on the results

regards,

Yves