[sane-devel] Scanner Button Daemon [scanbd]: added more backends (from scanbuttond)

Wilhelm wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de
Wed Dec 1 18:01:15 UTC 2010

Hi all,

some time ago I noticed that the snapscan-backend (at least for the
epson 1670 scanner) isn't capable of reading the buttons. So I added the
button-only backends from the (inactive?) project scanbuttond to scanbd.
Just made some simple tests and it seems to works (at least for the
epson 1670).

The code is at:

svn co https://scanbd.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/scanbd scanbd

[
scanbd is a scanner button daemon. It polls the scanner buttons looking
for buttons pressed or function knob changes and at the same time allows
also scan-applications to access the scanners. If buttons are pressed,
etc., various actions can be submitted (scan, copy, email). The function
knob values are passed to the action-scripts as well.
]

--
Wilhelm