[sane-devel] Status of Canon Canoscan 4400F

Patrick van den Bemt patrick.vdbemt at skynet.be
Sun Dec 5 14:25:23 UTC 2010

Hi there,

I have got an Ubuntu 10.10 and am quite new to it ; the idea is to get
me out of the Micro$ as soon as possible.
However I have got currently 2 issues that stop me from shutting down
Windows.
1 - Plextor ConvertX cannot be used yet
2 - Canon Canoscan 4400F does not seem to be supported yet.

Via the internet I have checked and found that in the Sane community
this scanner is still marked as "Not Supported".
Is there a way for me to get this scanner supported ?
What can I do in order to help you as community and all the users using
this scanner to get it on the list and progressed ?

Hoping for any positive feedback.

Best regards,
Patrick van den Bemt.