[sane-devel] LiDE 210 support in the genesys backend

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Sat Dec 18 14:37:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, stef wrote:

> 	Hello,
>
> 	thanks for a test done by Markus B. We know that the LiDE 210 is real
> close to the LiDE 110. I have added it to the genesys backend.

Awesome, thank you!

The scanner is detected correctly (using curret git HEAD):
[pmatilai at turre ~]$ scanimage -v -Li
device `genesys:libusb:001:003' is a Canon LiDE 210 flatbed scanner
[pmatilai at turre ~]$

However it doesn't seem to be quite there yet - scanning results in a
black image, the scanner just doesn't seem to be actually doing anything
at all (no motor noise etc).

If it helps, I've made the output from
"SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255 scanimage -v > /tmp/test.1" available at
http://laiskiainen.org/tmp/scanimage-lide210-debug.log

Any ideas / tweaks to try?

 	- Panu -