[sane-devel] sane reports error reading memory

Jotaarkka Pennanen iafilm at kolumbus.fi
Sun Dec 19 10:20:21 UTC 2010

My HP Scanjet has been working perfectly until now. I have Ubuntu 10.10
in my desktop computer. Sane reports error reading memory and stops
scanning. I have 4 gigabytes memory and I tried to scan a simple
blackandwhite photo. Ubuntus own scanning program scans normally, but I
like more Xsane. I uninstalled after error sane and xsane and restarted
the computer. After that I reinstalled those programs, but it reports
still error reading memory. What has happened? I have just intalled
normal updastes to Maverick. Please help!

Jotaarkka Pennanen
www.iafilm.net
+358500507263
iafilm at kolumbus.fi