[sane-devel] maximum image size for a scan for Canon pixma backend

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 16:29:19 UTC 2010

Dear all,
I have been involved in trying to support the Canoscan 9000F, and the
testing community has grown to about 15 individuals. A few of them
have programming knowledge and tonight one individual send in
corrected code to handle the final hurdle: correctly aligning the
sub-images in the 9600dpi TPU mode. So the scanner is now supported
for all modes.

However, for large images at both 4800dpi and 9600dpi modes, it seems
the max size of the image is limited in some way, so that only a
section of the desired image is delivered. Is this something that can
be set in the individual driver files (like pixma_mp150.c) or in some
of the generic pixma driver .c or .h files (which I do not want to
touch if possible)? I don't see a problem in the linesize or
dimensions, only in the image_size value seen by [pixma] debugging
output.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug