[sane-devel] Epson Stylus SX525WD (0x4b8 0x85e)

André Roth neolynx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 20:46:31 UTC 2010

Hello,

I tried to get the Epson Stylus SX525WD (0x4b8 0x85e) to work, without
any success so far. I added the USB numbers to /etc/sane.d/epson2.conf,
and was able to launch a scan once using scanimage. After this, I only
got segfaults, and none of the graphical scan programs wanted to
recognize the scanner.

What would be the right steps to add support for this scanner ? I don't
think the protocol differs a lot from epson2, since one time a scan
succeeded.
Any directions how to debug / implement this ?

I was using libsane 1.0.21-2ubuntu2.

Regards

 André