[sane-devel] Canon ImageCLASS MF4350d, Ubuntu 8.04, scanner not found

Michael DeBusk michael at nlphilia.com
Mon Feb 1 05:24:28 UTC 2010

On 01/30/2010 05:36 AM, Nicolas Martin wrote:

> Try to scan an image with Xsane.

I grabbed a couple of "monitor calibration" images (one color band, one
gray band) from Internet and printed them on plain paper on a photo
printer. Scan was nice. Colors were good.

> Adjust the colors using the 3 pipettes tool (white/black/gray) in
> the preview window.

The black and the white were fine. I had trouble with the gray on the
color scan because gray on an inkjet isn't really gray. I had better
luck with a DVD cover I had nearby.

> Let us know if everything goes right with the results you get, so
> that I can update the documentation for this device.

All went well once I got the scanner to wake up. I had to turn it off
and on. Even hitting the buttons didn't get its attention (lights came
on, but scanner still didn't wake up).

Thank you all for your help.

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments