[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue Feb 2 05:29:28 UTC 2010

Le lundi 1 février 2010 13:52:30 Chris Berry, vous avez écrit :
> On 01/31/2010 09:21 PM, stef wrote:
> > Le dimanche 31 janvier 2010 20:30:58 Chris Berry, vous avez écrit :
> >> Ok Stef, ignore that last email, I just got a scan! its far from perfect
> >> but im on the right road at least (mostly your advice ;) ). One of my
> >> GPIO wasnt set correctly and you were right about the bit 8 being set on
> >> the control reg of the AFE.
> >>
> >> An upload of the image is at
> >> http://sites.google.com/site/bez625/updates-1 . Its under Update
> >> 31/01/10 as an attachment. Im not sure what the next step here is but
> >> ill have a play myself. Any pointers from here are always welcome of
> >>   course.
> >>
> >> Since things are progressing well I would like to know what the best
> >> procedure would be for adding this to the stable version of the sane
> >> api? I know we are a little far from this but it might be good for me to
> >> have an idea as this is obviously the intended outcome.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Chris
> >
> > 	Hello,
> >
> > 	good job. 'first light' is always a gratifying moment. For future
> > inclusion of your work, you might consider using a local git tree with a
> > dedicated branch. So that you will be able to generate patches.
> >
> > Regards,
> > 	Stef
>
> Thanks Stef, how would I go about using the git tree? I've used SVN
> before but not git so it shouldn't take long for me to wrap my head
> around it. So far I just downloaded a copy of the development version
> from git and i've been working from that copy, i'm not sure how to make
> a new branch (or even if I have permission?).
>
> Also have you had a chance to look at the scan and suggest what i need
> to change? Im guessing that it might be a problem with the CCD, maybe it
> thinks the ccd is larger than it is?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Chris

	Hello,

	once you have cloned the master branch of SANE. You can create any number of
local branches. I have a few of them, about one by backend I touch. The few
commands I use are:
git branch to create or list branches
git pull [--rebase] to get latest version
git rebase to rebase a branch on lastest version
git merge to merge a branch on master version
git format-patch to generate patches from my local history
git am to apply patches generated by by format patch
	You can do all these locally without write access to SANE's git tree. At some
point, you'll need it. Then you'll have to ask for an account on alioth and a
project administrator will add you to the project.

	I have looked at the picture. What we see might relates to 'half ccd' mode.
It is a mode where coordinates on the CCD are expressed in a resolution, but
the timings are such that effective resolution is only the half. See flag
GENESYS_FLAG_HALF_CCD_MODE. Another idea would be to compare registers 52 to
57 (AFE timings) with ones from an usb log.

Regards,
	Stef