[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

Chris Berry s0457957 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Feb 3 00:48:11 UTC 2010

On 02/02/2010 05:29 AM, stef wrote:
> Le lundi 1 février 2010 13:52:30 Chris Berry, vous avez écrit :

>>> 	Hello,
>>>
>>> 	good job. 'first light' is always a gratifying moment. For future
>>> inclusion of your work, you might consider using a local git tree with a
>>> dedicated branch. So that you will be able to generate patches.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> 	Stef
>>>
>> Thanks Stef, how would I go about using the git tree? I've used SVN
>> before but not git so it shouldn't take long for me to wrap my head
>> around it. So far I just downloaded a copy of the development version
>> from git and i've been working from that copy, i'm not sure how to make
>> a new branch (or even if I have permission?).
>>
>> Also have you had a chance to look at the scan and suggest what i need
>> to change? Im guessing that it might be a problem with the CCD, maybe it
>> thinks the ccd is larger than it is?
>>
>> Thanks again
>>
>> Chris
>>

> 	Hello,
>
> 	once you have cloned the master branch of SANE. You can create any number of
> local branches. I have a few of them, about one by backend I touch. The few
> commands I use are:
> git branch to create or list branches
> git pull [--rebase] to get latest version
> git rebase to rebase a branch on lastest version
> git merge to merge a branch on master version
> git format-patch to generate patches from my local history
> git am to apply patches generated by by format patch
> 	You can do all these locally without write access to SANE's git tree. At some
> point, you'll need it. Then you'll have to ask for an account on alioth and a
> project administrator will add you to the project.
>
> 	I have looked at the picture. What we see might relates to 'half ccd' mode.
> It is a mode where coordinates on the CCD are expressed in a resolution, but
> the timings are such that effective resolution is only the half. See flag
> GENESYS_FLAG_HALF_CCD_MODE. Another idea would be to compare registers 52 to
> 57 (AFE timings) with ones from an usb log.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef

Cheers for the advice again stef, I just added the half ccd flag and it
sorted out the image as it should look. The only issue now is that the
scan seems a little dark, again ill upload the latest scan to the
website (http://sites.google.com/site/bez625/updates-1/update020210).
For the time being ill work with git to make sure im developing in the
correct way ;), if you have a suggestion on the brightness issue let me
know. Also I played with the offset and gain a little and neither seem
to make any difference. Not sure what that is about.

Chris

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.