[sane-devel] Benq S2W 4300U Scanner...

Wed Feb 3 18:31:25 UTC 2010

Oliver Schwartz <Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 02.02.2010, at 10:09, Zed wrote:
>
> > I am using LinuxMint v8.0 and having difficulty in getting my Benq S2W
> > 4300U Scanner to work on my system.
> >
> > After installing u176v046.bin in .usr/share/sane/snapscan, and editing
> > /etc/sane.d/snapscan.con to read:
> >
> > #------------------------------ General
> > -----------------------------------
> >
> > # Change to the fully qualified filename of your firmware file, if #
> > firmware upload is needed by the scanner firmware
> > /usr/share/sane/snapscan/u176v046.bin
> >
> > # If not automatically found you may manually specify a device name.
> >
> > # For USB scanners also specify bus=usb, e.g. /dev/usb/scanner0 bus=usb
> >
> > I get an error message: Failed to start scanner: Error during device I/O
>
> Please remove the line containing the USB device from your config file
> (/dev/usb/scanner0) - it's no longer useable for systems using libusb and
> the specified device does not exist on your system. After removing the
> line the scanner should be found automatically.

Thsnk you for your quick response.

Did as you suggested but still get the error message: Error. Failed to open
device snapscan:libusb:002:003: Error during device I/O

lusb confirms that the scanner is Bus 002 Device 003: ID 04a5:20b0 Acer
Peripherals Inc. (now BenQ Corp.) A2W 3300U4300U.

Trying to scan through the Gimp plugin Quite insane returns the same error.

Any further suggestions, please?

Zed
--
Zed

Dogs come when they're called.  Cats have answering machines