[sane-devel] why hasn't there been a release in a long time ?

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Mon Feb 8 11:39:45 UTC 2010

db <db.pub.mail at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> I know this is not the fault of sane, however this is causing a large
> distance between what sane can do and what sane 'does' as shipped.

If there's no release, there's nothing new to package. As simple as
that.

So, yes, it is SANE's fault.

I'm not packaging git snapshots because I cannot support them in a
stable Debian release. I used to package CVS snapshots when I knew a
release was coming up and would be out & suited for Debian stable at a
time where I could still push it into stable.

With the 1.1 API stuff and no release schedule, I can't do that anymore.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169