[sane-devel] FW: installing scanner on ubuntu

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Feb 10 20:23:25 UTC 2010

Le mercredi 10 février 2010 15:16:26 m. allan noah, vous avez écrit :
> Support for the G2410 is newer than the version of sane which ships
> with Ubuntu. I think you would have to build sane-backends from source
> to use it? Perhaps Stef can comment further.
>
> allan
>
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Atif Shah <matifsyed at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > hi dear how r u?
> > i have purchased the scanner hp scanjet g2410 . but it does not work on
> > linux ubuntu. when i open the xsane scanning program for starting the
> > scanner the message "no devices available " appear. pls help me
> > installing and to working this scanner on unbuntu. thanks,
> > atif shah

	Hello,

	the G2410 is basically a HP2400. Work to support it in the genesys backend is
progressing nicely currently. However, the H2400 is currently limited to 50
dpi uncalibrated scan. Meanwhile you can use the the proprietary SANE driver
you can get at www.elcot.in. You'll find howto install it in ubuntu forums.

Regards,
	Stef