[sane-devel] FW: Re: FW: installing scanner on ubuntu

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at canonical.com
Fri Feb 12 02:55:01 UTC 2010

Hi Atif,

There is an easier way...

I've made a PPA containing the latest GIT version of the SANE backends:
https://edge.launchpad.net/~robert-ancell/+archive/sane-backends

If you have any problems you can revert to the old version by typing the
following commands into a terminal:
$ sudo dpkg -r --force-depends libsane sane-utils libsane-dev libsane-dbg
$ sudo apt-get install libsane sane-utils

I'll try and keep this PPA updated regularly but if anyone wants it
updated at a particular time just email me and I'm happy to do it!

--Robert