[sane-devel] Legal-size scanner recommendations?

emre emre at flash.net
Fri Feb 12 04:12:08 UTC 2010

Thank you for the recommendation. I looked at the fi-6130 & it seems
quite nice.
I originally had in mind a flatbed scanner, but this looks like it will
be more generally
useful & convenient... actually the more I think about, I think fi-6130
will be a better
choice for my needs.  I looked at and subsequently rejected the
fi-6230... I prefer
the smaller footprint of the fi-6130.

I have one more question, it has to do with resolution.  The fi-6130
reports a 600 dpi
resolution (which seems to me to be more than sufficient).  I have seen
some Epson
scanners that report 6400 dpi.  I am guessing that higher resolution
might be good
for slides and photos, but wouldn't be of much use for scanning documents?

Thanks again,
-Emre.