[sane-devel] Snapscan Lide 35 Resolution no longer 2400 but 600 dpi

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sun Feb 14 07:30:39 UTC 2010

Le samedi 13 février 2010 20:43:57 Nicholas Robinson, vous avez écrit :
> Hi
>
> A couple of weeks ago, I posted a message about Sane losing high
> resolution capability on the above scanner. I haven't noticed any posts
> in response.
>
> I have checked back earlier scans and the snapscan definitely was
> scanning at 2400 dpi and now won't go beyond 600 dpi.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nick

	Hello,

	providing debugging log of the problematic version would help getting a
useful answer. The Canon LiDE 35 is supported by the genesys backend. So to
produce debug log, in a shell window, raise the debug level and launch xsane
with messages redirected to a log file by the following commands:

export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL841=255
xsane 2>debug.log

	Do a small 600 dpi scan, then a 2400 one. Send the debug.log file
(compressed) to the list so we could have a look and get an idea of what is
going on.

	The exact version number of the SANE package that worked correctly is also
interesting, so changes between versions could be analyzed in search for the
problem.

Regards,
	Stef