[sane-devel] Epson dx4400 support for asus wl500g router

Alesh Slovak alesh.slovak at avasys.jp
Tue Feb 16 23:57:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

iscan/epkowa developer here.

Ondřej Skopal wrote:
> When googling around a bit, I found this page: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/4444 , suggesting that epkowa is part of the openwrt. I have only very basic knowledge of linux, so I apologize if I just proposed something lame/stupid/impossible :), but afaik openwrt runs ok on wl500g, isn't there a possibility to get the backend here?

Unfortunately, Allan is right. The epkowa backend itself is open source and can
be compiled for your ARM system. However, some devices require proprietary
binary plugins and these are only provided for ix86 and amd64 architectures. The
DX4400 is one of these devices.

One thing you could do is file a support request for ARM support for your
scanner. You may do so here:
https://avasys.jp/eng/contact/inquiry/inq_form4_en.php

Happy scanning,
--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak at avasys.jp          http://avasys.jp