[sane-devel] Immediatly after reboot: "scanimage: open of device niash:libusb:002:010 failed: Device busy"

Johan Cockx johan at sikanda.be
Thu Feb 18 20:11:29 UTC 2010

Hello,

Scanimage has worked nicely for some time with my HP scanjet 3300,   but now
it reports "scanimage: open of device niash:libusb:002:010 failed: Device
busy".

I tried everything I could think of,  including restarting my PC and
unplugging and replugging the scanner,  but the message remains.

The only explanation I can think of is that some kind of lock file did not
get cleaned up,  but I have no idea where to look.

Does anyone have any hints?

Regards,
Johan Cockx