[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Feb 22 06:43:13 UTC 2010

Le lundi 22 février 2010 02:09:14 Chris Berry, vous avez écrit :
> Hey Stef,
>
> I think I have isolated the gamma tables from the logs but there is a
> significant difference; the gamma tables all seem to be sent at once to
> the scanner. Regs 0x5b and 0x5c are both set to 0x00 and 1536 bytes are
> sent to the scanner. I have attached the log file appearances of the
> gamma tables to this email, there are five occurrences in my log file so
> all sets are here. I have split them up myself into three blocks but in
> the original snoop they all appear together.
>
> Will I need to modify the code base to account for all the gamma tables
> being sent at once?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

	Hello,

	no need to modify the backend. Both way of writing data give the same result.
Since all 3 curves are the same, you can pick one (from the '1' write, others
are simple ramps) and turn it into a list of 256 16 bits words. You can then
import it in a spreadsheet.
	You may use this kind of awk script on a 1 line file with all the hex values:
{
	for(i=1;i<NF;i+=2)
	{
		print strtonum($i)+256*strtonum($(i+1))