[sane-devel] SniffUSB: URB direction and TransferFlags IN/OUT confusion

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 15:38:36 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:12 PM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug
> <aikishugyo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:56 AM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> for initial work, I usually write a small libusb program that just
> sends the basic commands required to get image data out. Then I can
> play with that program, and watch how the image changes. Once I
> understand what each command does, then I pick a backend and clone it.

OK great advice for this newbie, here progress, not much but a start:
1)  got a small program running with libusb that gives me the handle
to the device.
2)  took usbsniff log of several small scans with different parameters
     (greyscale photo, colour photo, greyscale text, colour text,
colour magazine, OCR, B/W text).
Plan to spend part of weekend seeing how to setup device to do each
such image acquisition.

REgards, Gernot