[sane-devel] scanimage 1.0.20 hangs on Solaris 10/SPARC (pixma backend)

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Sun Feb 28 17:17:44 UTC 2010

The easy thing I can suggest is to try compiling with
"--enable-pthread".  I recall a past discussion related to libusb and
that sometimes causing it to work better.

If that doesn't fix things for you then your going to have to debug
this yourself.  I do not think there are any active Solaris developers
on the mailing list.  See "man san", "man sane-usb", and "man
sane-<backend>" (replace <backend> with real name) for information on
what environment variables you can see to enable debug output.

Chris