[sane-devel] scanimage 1.0.20 hangs on Solaris 10/SPARC (pixma backend)

Richard Ryniker ryniker at alum.mit.edu
Sun Feb 28 22:32:57 UTC 2010

>...scanimage just hangs forever when I try to use it
>to scan.  scanimage will also hang forever when run with the --help option,
>after printing out the help text.  It's as if it's trying to print the
>scanner name but ran into trouble.

strace is likely to provide some information about why (or, at least,
where) the program hangs.

If you want more information about libusb and threads, this may be
interesting:

  http://libusb.sourceforge.net/api-1.0/mtasync.html

The LIBUSB_DEBUG environment variable can be used to enable message
logging at run-time, as an alternative to explicit use of
libusb_set_debug() during program execution.