[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 610 Issue with 150 dpi scan

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Sun Jan 3 13:45:33 UTC 2010

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 14:01:15 +0100
Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch at web.de> wrote:

> I was not aware that there is an epson2 backend, thanks for pointing that out.
> You are right, twelve pixels rows are missing in the final result compared to
> the epson2 backend prediction. I try to play with the y parameter this
> afternoon. I would be surprised though if that would be the problem since the
> 300 dpi scan does work.

 Maybe there's an unspotted error somewhere, the perfection
610 is a tricky scanner and there are some sections of the driver
dedicated to its handling.

 However, I was unable to test it personally since I do not
own such a scanner.

 If you search for "color shuffle" in the code you'll see
that the scan area gets modified for the 610 because the color
shuffling algorithm will eat some data.

 For such a scanner, I'd suggest to scan a bigger area
and then refine by software.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,