[sane-devel] long option format not recognized (Was: Epson Perfection 610 Issue with 150 dpi scan)

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Mon Jan 4 20:11:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch at web.de> wrote:

> Alessandro,
>
> Am Montag, 4. Januar 2010 schrieben Sie:
> > On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 13:43:27 +0100
> >
> > Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch at web.de> wrote:
> > > /home/rd/SW.nobackup/sane-backends/frontend/.libs/lt-scanimage:
> > > unrecognized option `--help'
> > > rd at blackbox:~/SW.nobackup/sane-backends$
> >
> >  that's strange, it works nicely here

And I can confirm your fix is working for me as well.

> not sure what break --help for me.

Here is what I get

> rd at blackbox:~/SW.nobackup/sane-backends$ ./frontend/scanimage --help
> Usage: lt-scanimage [OPTION]...
>
> Start image acquisition on a scanner device and write image data to
> standard output.

> -v, --verbose              give even more status messages
> -B, --buffer-size=#        change input buffer size (in kB, default 32)
> -V, --version              print version information
> /home/rd/SW.nobackup/sane-backends/frontend/.libs/lt-scanimage:
> unrecognized
> option `--help'

OK, this is probably my fault for recommending running from within src
directory.  I originally thought it was a frontend issue and in that case
you can test frontend changes by running locally.  Since the issue turned up
in backend, you have to install the backends into ${prefix} before the
frontend will see there.

Can you install and retest?

Chris