[sane-devel] Lexmark x1150 works with lexmark backend

Jochen Ehmen jomen at gmx.de
Wed Jan 6 20:29:40 UTC 2010

Am Samstag, den 02.01.2010, 08:35 +0100 schrieb stef:

> 	Hello,
>
> 	it's nice to see your scanner working. The back/forward motion you see at
> high dpi is called bactracking. It's due to the fact that data is read slower
> than it is produced by the scanner. So it has to wait, and even go back to
> last 'read point' waiting for the computer.
> 	One way to alleviate this is to compile SANE with libusb-1.0 ( --enable-
> libusb_1_0). Another way is to reduced the width (and not hte height) of the
> scan to save USB bandwidth.
> 	The best solution would be to turn on data compression between scanner and
> computer. But this would involve reversing it, which isn't an easy task.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef

Thank you for this explanation.

With the git version the scanner works good at up to 300 dpi and is much
faster when scanning only the wanted portion of the whole area instead
of all of it.

The code was compiled to use libusb-1.0 (I need to say: I guess, since I
dont _really_ know, but version 1.06 is installed and the ebuild is
supposed to utilize it, too; "USE" was "usb"...and compiler output said
so, too.)

All the best

and thank you again

Jochen