[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Thu Jan 7 16:25:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-07 14:14:20 +0000, Chris Berry <s0457957 at sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> I have updates on this project at
> http://sites.google.com/site/bez625/updates-1/update070110 with some
> attachments. I am still struggling to work out why the scan lamp is off
> during scanning.
>
> My thoughts are that maybe the genesys backend is saying the lamp sleep
> mode if on before the scan as opposed to off. The log files seem to
> support this with the register values being set but any advice you could
> offer on where i should go from here would be appreciated.

It's at least great to see someone working on a backend for the '3600.
That will be a nice scanner once it's somewhat supported.  So I'm
having some hope that, at some time, I can use my scanner myself,
without asking my girlfriend to scan stuff for me :)

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:                 Gib Dein Bestes. Dann übertriff Dich selbst!