[sane-devel] Scanimage can't find scanner

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Fri Jan 8 05:12:09 UTC 2010

Leslie Jensen wrote:
> I'm on a FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE with an EPSON V500
>
> I've installed:
> epkowa-2.11.0_2     The sane-epkowa driver for FreeBSD
> sane-backends-1.0.20_4 API for access to scanners, digitals camera,
> frame grabbers
> sane-frontends-1.0.14_5 Tools for access to scanners, digitals camera,
> frame grabbe

As documented[1], the V500 needs a non-free plugin before the epkowa
backend supports it.  Seeing that the plugin is only available for
GNU/Linux based distributions, I doubt that it'll work on FreeBSD.

[1] http://sane.alioth.debian.org/lists/sane-backends-external.html#S-EPKOWA

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2           FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
                  http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962