[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sat Jan 16 07:15:08 UTC 2010

Le vendredi 15 janvier 2010 14:19:15 Chris Berry, vous avez écrit :
> Hi Stef, in the course of trying to get the lamp working I was playing
> with the settings and after I removed my changes the lamp functions as i
> expected too so that issue is resolved.
>
> If my understanding is correct the code should select whether to set cis
> or not based on the variable in genesys_driver.c. As it is currently
> hard coded I will try and put an if statement in to select based on the
> /* Is this a CIS scanner? */ sane boolean.
>
> I am still not getting any picture data, after observing some of the
> front end logs I see that the windows driver only writes to *FRONT END*
> addresses 0x00 - 0x07, but the genesys driver is writing to 0x00 - 0x09
> and many others (0x20, 0x24 etc...). I am guessing this is very bad for
> the recovery of data from the DAC.
>
> I will attach a new genesys log and a windows sniff to the project
> website today and maybe some pictures.
>
> As usual any pointers are greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks

	Hello,

	regarding frontend handling, I'm currently meeting the same kind of issue
than you for the HP3670 which is a GL646 based scanner. I get black scans
while everything else seems correctly set. It is using different addresses
than supported models. I'll share my findings with you.
	Patches -even experimental or just for comments- are welcomed.

Regards,
	Stef