[sane-devel] Xerox Phaser 6180MFP / Which Protocol is used ?See USBSnoop.log

Dipl.Geogr.G.Birkenfeld gerobirkenfeld at web.de
Fri Jan 22 08:36:45 UTC 2010

Hello,

Somemore to add:

Upscope wrote:

> You don't say what OS your using. The following page has a CUPS Linux and
Windows
> package for the 6180MFP.
> I do not know if it covers the scanner.

http://www.support.xerox.com/go/results.asp?Xtype=download&prodID=6180MFP&Xl
ang=en_US&Xcntry=USA

> I have used the Phaser 6120 package for 3 years, works fine on my Linux
system.
> I can also print to it from my XP Guest on VirtualBox.

> Hope this helps..

Xerox said CUPS package does not cover scanner + plus:

I am using Debian Lenny on a PowerPC board !!!!! That means I cannot use
precompiled packages which are not completly open source, because normaly
they are compiled for x86 Processors. E.g. cannot use brothers linux drivers
for their mfp. THIS MEANS I HAVE TO RELAY ON OPENSOURCE, as Xerox own
drivers do not work under PPC.

thanx

_____________________
geobiz.de