[sane-devel] Scanjet 2200c not working

Ajit Natarajan ajitk at email.com
Sat Jan 23 10:33:02 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've faced this problem with multiple versions of Kubuntu Linux.  I'm
currently running Kubuntu Linux 9.10.  I'm running the version of SANE
that came with that OS.

I have an HP Scanjet 2200c USB scanner.  This scanner works fine with
Windows XP.

The scanner is found by Linux.  Here is the output of lsusb:

Bus 003 Device 006: ID 03f0:0605 Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 2200c

Xsane finds the scanner and reports it as a Scanjet 2200c.

However, when I attempt to scan, the light beam gets stuck at the bottom
of the scan and does not return.  It doesn't return even if I
disconnect/reconnect the power cord.  If I invoke scanimage or xsane
again, the scanner just emits a continuous loud noise.  The light beam
does not return back to its starting position to start the scan.

Not sure how to get the scanner to work with Linux.

Thanks.

Ajit