[sane-devel] Scanjet 2200c not working

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sat Jan 23 12:41:50 UTC 2010

Le samedi 23 janvier 2010 11:33:02 Ajit Natarajan, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I've faced this problem with multiple versions of Kubuntu Linux.  I'm
> currently running Kubuntu Linux 9.10.  I'm running the version of SANE
> that came with that OS.
>
> I have an HP Scanjet 2200c USB scanner.  This scanner works fine with
> Windows XP.
>
> The scanner is found by Linux.  Here is the output of lsusb:
>
> Bus 003 Device 006: ID 03f0:0605 Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 2200c
>
> Xsane finds the scanner and reports it as a Scanjet 2200c.
>
> However, when I attempt to scan, the light beam gets stuck at the bottom
> of the scan and does not return.  It doesn't return even if I
> disconnect/reconnect the power cord.  If I invoke scanimage or xsane
> again, the scanner just emits a continuous loud noise.  The light beam
> does not return back to its starting position to start the scan.
>
> Not sure how to get the scanner to work with Linux.

	Hello,

	in order to understand what is going on, we would need more information. By
running the 'scanimage' command in a shell window with the following command:

SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=255 scanimage -d plustek >scan.pnm 2>debug.log

	There will be a debug.log file in the directory where you run the command.
Send it to the list. It may be help us understand what is happening.

Regards,
	Stef