[sane-devel] Scanjet 2200c not working

Ajit Natarajan ajitk at email.com
Sun Jan 24 12:25:29 UTC 2010

Hi Stef and others,

HP has a support page on troubleshooting if the scanner makes a grinding
noise or if the lamp does not return to its home position.  For HP
Scanjet 2200c, there is a lock at the back.  If locked, the lamp
assembly will not move.  This is used when the scanner is transported.

I don't think this is the problem because I haven't changed this lock
position.  And, it works with Windows XP.

In any case, I've drawn the lock in its current position.  See attached
PDF.  Please let me know if the lock is in the locked position.

Also, can I send a reset command to the scanner from SANE?  If so,
please let me know how.

Thanks.

Ajit