[sane-devel] Xerox Travel Scanner 100 could not be detected

Jack McGill jmcgill85258 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 03:22:01 UTC 2010

--- On Sun, 1/24/10, stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:

> From: stef <stef.dev at free.fr>
> Subject: Re: [sane-devel] Xerox Travel Scanner 100 could not be detected
> To: "Jack McGill" <jmcgill85258 at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Andrey Loginov" <avloginov at gmail.com>, sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
> Date: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 1:58 PM
> Le samedi 23 janvier 2010 21:29:58
> Jack McGill, vous avez écrit :
> > Andrey,
> > That is a pretty nice image for no calibration. It
> should clean up after
> >  calibration.
> >
> > Maybe Stef can figure out why calibration is failing.
> I think there are
> >  some settings in genesys.c and genesys_gl841.c
> that might need to be
> >  tweeked.
> >
> > As Stef suggested, you could also try cloning the
> Pentax DS Mobile 600
> >  settings. It uses slightly different motor and
> sensor settings.
> >
> > Jack McGill
> >
> > --- On Mon, 1/18/10, Andrey Loginov <avloginov at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > From: Andrey Loginov <avloginov at gmail.com>
> > > Subject: Re: [sane-devel] Xerox Travel Scanner
> 100 could not be detected
> > > To: "stef" <stef.dev at free.fr>
> > > Cc: sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org,
> "Jack McGill"
> > > <jmcgill85258 at yahoo.com>
> Date: Monday, January 18, 2010, 4:34 AM
> > > I have tried to calibrate scanner but
> > > I have following problem:
> > > Scanner turns on red back light feeds the
> calibration
> > > page:
> > > scanimage -d genesys --calibrate
> > > scanimage: setting of option --calibrate failed
> (Operation
> > > not
> > > supported)
> > > You can check attached image out.pnm. As you can
> see it has
> > > vertical
> > > artefacts in the scanned sample and white balance
> is not
> > > set correctly.
> > > But also using color scanning there is no page
> size check
> > > sensor working
> > > (it's ok whithin black&white scanning).
> > >
> > > У нд, 2010-01-10 у 13:09 +0100, stef
> пише:
> Loginov,

> 100K mail
> > >
> > > list quota.

> Jack McGill
> > >
> > > пише:
> > >
> > > SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255

> > > SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL841=255

> -d
> > >
> > > genesys --resolution 100 --mode Color

> 2>
> > >
> > > xeroxTS100.log

> email back to
> > >
> > > the list.

> look at
> > >
> > > these and have some suggestions.

> the appended
> > >
> > > logs. Would mind send directly to me the

> scanner
> > >
> > > before doing your test ?

> [...]
Stef,
On my Visioneer Strobe XP 100, revision 3, I can calibrate and clear calibration from within XSane without a problem.

But when I try:
$scanimage -d genesys --clear
or
$scanimage -d genesys --calibrate
I get the following:
scanimage: sane_start: Error during device I/O

(With the command line calibrate, it does feed the calibration sheet into the scanner, just like it does with xsane).

So, maybe Andrey could try to calibrate using xsane, instead of the command line. In xsane, click on the "window" tab and check "show advanced options" and you should get a calibrate button.

Jack