[sane-devel] Has anyone managed to get Snapscan backend working with FreeBSD 8.0 (which uses libusb)?

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Tue Jan 26 09:04:40 UTC 2010

Hi all,

On 25.01.2010, at 12:26, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:

> In the meantime, another FreeBSD user found a way to fix it, it is
> just a one-line patch:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-usb/2010-January/
> 008172.html
>
> With Andrew's patch, my scanner now works:
>  root at kg-v2# sane-find-scanner -q
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [HP], product=0xc202 [Photosmart
> 8200 series]) at libusb:/dev/usb:/dev/ugen1.2
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x06bd [AGFA], product=0x2061
> [ Snapscan1212u_2]) at libusb:/dev/usb:/dev/ugen2.2
> root at kg-v2# scanimage -L
> device `snapscan:libusb:/dev/usb:/dev/ugen2.2' is a AGFA SNAPSCAN
> 1212U_2 flatbed scanner

Thanks for the pointer, I'll try to get this fixed in the backend. The
code in question was added recently to fix another problem with
calculating a unique identifier.

Maybe one of the guys who's experienced with autoconf can give me a
hint on how to do this the best way. Should I just use "#ifdef BSD"
around the code in question or is there some autoconf magic that would
allow me to do a more advanced query?

I also have to retest this on OS X - the code in question looks very
Linux specific.

Kind regards,

Oliver