[sane-devel] Xerox Travel Scanner 100 could not be detected

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Jan 27 05:28:38 UTC 2010

Le mercredi 27 janvier 2010 00:04:49 Andrey Loginov, vous avez écrit :
> I can disassemble the scanner and check CCD part numbers and other staff
> if it can help to improve the quality and functionality.
>
> У пн, 2010-01-25 у 06:03 +0100, stef пише:
	Hello,

	I think we can have it work without disassembling your scanner. If followed
the thread correctly, you hijacked the 'Visioneer Readwarrior' entry to have
it work. You are getting scans but quality is lacking and calibration doesn't
work. I have no logs to work on, but calibration will fail if basic quality
isn't good enough to tell white area from black strip in calibration sheet.
	There a couple of thing to try. Some scanners models are close but use
slightly different settings. Try to hijack the following models: DocketPORT
465, XP100 Revision 3, DSMobile 600 and  DocketPORT 467. They all use the same
GPO entry which already work for your scanner.
	Then choose the model that gives best quality and calibrate it with the
following commands:

export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL841=255
scanimage -d genesys --calibrate -n 2>calibrate.log

	Then send the log file to the list.

Regards,
	Stef