[sane-devel] Has anyone managed to get Snapscan backend working with FreeBSD 8.0 (which uses libusb)?

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Thu Jan 28 21:11:47 UTC 2010

Hi all,

On 28.01.2010 at 14:39 m. allan noah wrote:

> I would do both- process ID combined with a hash of the device name,

I believe that would defeat the purpose. The whole point of the mutex is to protect the USB device from simultaneous access from two processes, e.g. the reader process and the main process. If the key to create the mutex is different in both processes they end up with different mutexes and the USB device is unprotected.

Anyway, I've commited a hash function now. The new code should also work on FreeBSD 8.0. If anyone can try it, I'd be much obliged.

Kind regards,

Oliver