[sane-devel] libusb + epkowa prob

Alesh Slovak alesh.slovak at avasys.jp
Fri Jan 29 00:05:25 UTC 2010

C L. wrote:
> Already got the epkowa and related stuff installed. Debug does't provide more clues either other than show the libs being loaded then closed. The only clue I've seen so far is that Inappropriate ioctl error in my strace log.
>
> What's really annoying, I had this epson v10 working on an old P2 box (for years!) and suddenly it's not working, I suspect that old motherboard is finally dying but that's not the current system I'm trying to figure out.
>
> This is a brand new epson v30 I just got cos I thought the v10 was kaput, and running on a new Amd X4/Asus M4N78pro mobo, slackware v12, kernel 2.6.32, sane-backend 1.0.19 freshly compiled, etc. lsusb sees it, sane-find-scanner sees it. scanimage -L doesn't.  Tried setting the v10 on it too, but same results, libusb sees it, the scanimage program doesn't, makes me think libusb isn't playing nice. (I had problems using an old Palm Z22 device with libusb, had to revert to using the kernel 'visor' module..)  libusb-config --version 0.1.12

We do not provide Slackware packages on our site. How exactly did you install
the non-free esci-interpreter-gt-f720 plugin package? It contains the
proprietary library and firmware file required to get the V30 working.

 From your earlier mail you seem to have done all the setup manually. You will
also need to add an interpreter line to epkowa.conf. In your case it should look
something like this:
interpreter usb 0x04b8 0x0131 /usr/lib/esci/libesci-interpreter-gt-f720

Also make sure the firmware file for this model `esfw8b.bin` is located under
/usr/share/esci/

Happy scanning,
--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak at avasys.jp          http://avasys.jp