[sane-devel] Canon ImageCLASS MF4350d, Ubuntu 8.04, scanner not found

Nicolas Martin nicolas0martin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 08:45:36 UTC 2010

MF43x0d models, have started to be supported in the git development
version of Sane a few months ago. That's why they are not supported by
Sane 1.0.19 nor 1.0.20, they're only supported by Sane git for now.

First, install the git Sane version, you can get help for that in the
blog post below:
http://mp610.blogspot.com/2008/04/give-your-scanner-new-freshly-sane.html

MF4370/4380 and 4350 share apparently the same usb pid, so there's great
chance MF4350 will work too, although yet untested.

If you don't get the MF4350 to work with Sane git, then check this is
not due to a perms issue (try as root) then take a logtrace as follows:

$ export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
$ export SANE_DEBUG=255
$ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=11

$ scanimage -T 2> scanimage.log

Send back the scanimage.log file you'll get, for a deeper analysis.

Nicolas