[sane-devel] Canon ImageCLASS MF4350d, Ubuntu 8.04, scanner not found

Michael DeBusk michael at nlphilia.com
Sat Jan 30 10:12:25 UTC 2010

On 01/30/2010 03:38 AM, Dominik Wnek wrote:

> Since you're still on Ubuntu 8.04 I'm guessing it's a critical
> installation and you don't want to mess with the system too much, in
> which case instead of doing "sudo make install" you can do "sudo
> checkinstall -D" which will create and install a .deb package for
> you

Checkinstall failed when trying to create the docs. It appears I don't
have enough of LaTeX installed. I ran "make install" and it installed
(though the docs still failed).

There are several reasons why I'm still on 8.04, none of them meaning my
install is "critical"... mostly they add up to "avoiding the work of
upgrading while on dialup." I'll upgrade in May. :)

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments