[sane-devel] Canon Lide 30

Ajit Natarajan ajitk at email.com
Sat Jan 30 12:55:29 UTC 2010

On 01/30/2010 05:35 PM, angler31 wrote:

>     Hello,
> just got this device and I noticed it makes an awful noise at times,
> coincident
> with the carriage being seemingly "stuck" at the rail end. On these
> occasions
> the resulting image (if any) is usually cut at the bottom and the top shows
> a black band. The issue is frequent, but seemingly random.
> The device performs flawlessly under Windows XP.
>
> Any hint will be greatly appreciated.
> (ubuntu 9.10/amd64, sane 1.0.14, libsane 1.0.20, sane-plustek backend)

Hi Angler,

This seems very similar to the issue I'm facing with my HP Scanjet
2200c.  I'm using Kubuntu 9.10/AMD x86 32 bit.  Plustek backend.  My
scanner gets stuck on the wrong end.  Makes a lot of noise, but does not
return to the home position.  No image results.  No problem with Windows XP.

Stef has been looking at the logs and helping out (thanks Stef!).

I'm hoping for a solution as well.  My only other option is to buy
another scanner (which is expensive).  I've purchased a new computer
with Windows 7.  There is no driver in Windows 7 for Scanjet 2200c.  So,
continuing to use Windows XP for the scanner is not an option.

Ajit