[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

Chris Berry s0457957 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Sun Jan 31 17:27:27 UTC 2010

On 01/31/2010 01:11 PM, stef wrote:
> Le samedi 30 janvier 2010 15:29:50 Chris Berry, vous avez écrit :
>
> 	Hello,
>
> 	the function you wrote is fine. What I wanted to share is that it is easier
> to do experiments from within a really simple test program than the full blown
> scanimage or xsane.
> 	For instance, to get data from the HP3670, I had to set up registers that
> aren't set up under windows. I also found that I had to use different values
> for offset and gain than the ones that could found in usbsnoop logs.
> 	I think you'll need much trial and errors before having it work. You must
> also keep in mind that if GPIO aren't correctly set up, you may not get any
> data whatever you do with the AFE.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef

Ah ok, is there any way I can tell if im starting to get any reasonable
data from this scan? Currently I am only checking the pnm image so I
have no real idea if im getting close or not. Are there any good ways to
see if im getting any data at all?

Thanks

Chris

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.