No subject

Fri Jan 15 15:06:42 UTC 2010

gured out the root of the problem you are having.<br>
At high resolutions the V500&#39;s supported resolution list for the TPU in=
 the X and Y directions are completely different. The highest common resolu=
tion in both directions is 1600 dpi. iscan, in the interest of usability, h=
ides this complexity from you and attempts to compensate by doing some scal=
ing behind your back. However, due to a bug in its image processing library=
 it refuses to process such large images. Hence the error you are getting w=
hich happens to be the same as before, but with a different root cause.<br>

You should be able to scan with scanimage or XSANE, but will have to keep i=
n mind that unlike iscan, these frontends do not hide the resolution mess f=
rom you, and you will have to specify a different X and Y resolution when s=
canning at higher resolutions. The end result is that your images will come=
 out stretched in one direction or the other. You will have to rescale your=
 images manually using the Gimp or another tool. I would personally recomme=
nd using the Image Magick command line tools in a script to automate the sc=
anning and scaling process, if that is possible with your workflow.<br>

If you can scan a colour image with a width greater than 11,000 pixels usin=
g scanimage, then you are definitely using the modified code. With iscan it=
 is uncertain due to all the things it tries to do behind your back.<br>

Looking at the information I have, the maximum width you could possibly get=
 out of the V500&#39;s TPU is 17,280 pixels @ 6400 dpi. This definitely req=
uires the code modification and editing of the fs-blacklist as I instructed=
 you before.<br>

I hope all this made some sense.<br>

Happy scanning,<br>
-- <br>
Alesh Slovak =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Linux Team -- AVASYS Co=
rporation<br>
asys.jp</a> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0<a href=3D"http://avasys.jp" target=3D"_blan=
k">http://avasys.jp</a><br>

--0015174c0f74ac7d9e04828b681c--