[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MX350

Nicolas Martin nicolas0martin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 18:32:42 UTC 2010

As far as I understand, you are using your scanner with Ethernet or Wifi
connection. And it tries to communicate with an IP address, but in
message, we can read both:

Failed to open device 'pixma:MX350_192.167.1.88': Invalid argument.

and

scanimage: open of device pixma:MX350_192.168.1.88 failed: Invalid
argument

192.167.x.x is surely a wrong address due to a typo, so I don't know how
your scanner is configured, does it use dhcp to get its address, or is
it static ? Maybe this is to double check, both in the scanner and
in /etc/sane.d/pixma.conf

If you still encounter this problem, you could also try to check if the
situation is the same with usb.

In the meantime, I'll commit the successful changes for the Pixma MX350,
thanks to your feedback.

Nicolas