[sane-devel] sane and gt-2500

Alesh Slovak alesh.slovak at avasys.jp
Tue Jul 6 07:55:59 UTC 2010

On 07/06/2010 01:33 AM, Alessandro wrote:

Hi, I maintain the epkowa driver and iscan software.

>> If you are using iscan you can handle the button (in Xsane it doesn't
>> work)
>
> Perfect.

Firstly, from the information I have, I cannot 100% confirm that iscan supports
the buttons on the GT-2500. But I have no reason to doubt Wolfram Heider's
report. If it doesn't work though, that's a bug and you should let us know.

Please be aware, however, that the button support is quite limited and may not
be exactly what you are expecting.

The way it works is that you need to start iscan first and select the "enable
Start button" option. Then when you click on iscan's "Scan" button iscan will
wait for you to push the scanner's start button before actually starting the
scan. This will let you scan multiple sheets with the flatbed without the need
to run back and forth between the computer and the scanner. Of course, simply
using the ADF will accomplish the same thing.

I am not sure what kind of buttons are on the GT-2500, but iscan only supports
one kind of button, the "start scan" button.

Happy scanning,
--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak at avasys.jp          http://avasys.jp