[sane-devel] sane and gt-2500

Alessandro aleuser at inwind.it
Tue Jul 6 10:54:53 UTC 2010

From: Wolfram Heider <wolframheider at web.de>
>> Do you know what append if there are no pages in the ADF and I use the
>> ADF argument?
>
> This is not quite clear to me. If you don't want to use the ADF-unit
> but just want to scan in flatbed mode you will need no further arguments.

I will put this scanner in a office with many users; I have to set it in
the simpler way I can, without give them two button like "Scan with ADF"
and "Scan without ADF".. I can always try with ADF and, if there are 0
scanned pages, I will scan with the A4 planed.
Mah, I will see :-)

> If ADF isn't essential for you you might have a look on the Avasys
> website (is Epson actually). There is a list of supported scanners
> (flatbed too). They have Sane compatibility.
> In my experience Epson scanners are pretty fast.Sadly,the fastest,the
> Perfection 1670, isn't available anymore.

Eh, for example I can see "Perfection 1670: preview in 7 s,  source
photo 13 x 18 cm in 56 s";  56 seconds ?! And how many seconds for an
A4? :-)
Probably it is very fast in 200/300dpi, but on internet I see only
opinions about photos quality, so we are over 600dpi e over 30 sec, with
color.

I think there are many fast A4 planed scanners, but I can't understand
how fast they are

Alessandro
****