[sane-devel] Testing on Canon MF6580PL

twain43 at hotmail.com twain43 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 09:13:35 UTC 2010

Morning,
here are some results, along with the steps I took to obtain them:
1. Uninstalled the canon printer from System Preferences, trashed the drivers and killed the "UFR II Backgrounder" service;
2. Make uninstalled all frontends and backends (I'm keeping the source, just in case);
3. Rebooted;
4. Pulled down yesterday's git snapshot, added the "ugly pixma patch", modded the NDEBUG statements for pixma files;
5. Compiled and installed both frontends and backends;
6. Ran Activity Monitor and kept it on the background;
7. Ran scanimage in Terminal as superuser, while using Activity Monitor to save the list of running processes and daemons at the moment of the test.

Not posting the usual pixma and all-export logs, since they read as
usual.
Instead, I'm attaching Activity Monitor's log: maybe you'll spot something more than I did....AFAICS, there's nothing wrong: the only two suspicious processes are TWAINBridge and Image Capture Extension. The first one appears as soon as I connect the printer to the USB, and can't be killed, so I'm guessing it must be OS-related. I killed the second one and rerun the scantest, but got no different log results.

Hope you can spot something more out of it.

Twain28