[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MX870

Nicolas Martin nicolas0martin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 07:46:10 UTC 2010

Le vendredi 16 juillet 2010 à 23:46 +0200, Matthias Pannek a écrit :
> On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 21:51:08 +0200
> Nicolas Martin <nicolas0martin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok, so ready for a test ?
>
> Sure :-)
>
> > Then, replace the file sane-backends/backend/pixma_mp150.c with the
> > one I've attached. I've just added a declaration for the MX870 in
> > there.
>
> Done.
>
> > Then give a try. Be careful if you have a webcam attached, it may mess
> > up the detection and better disable in this case the v4l backend
> > in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
>
> Ok.
>
> > Zip send back the result of scanimage.log to check how it's going.
>
> Here is the Zip:
> http://files.pannek.de/sane/scanimage.zip

This look satisfactory at first glance, the Pixma dialog is confirmed to
be a generation 4 format here.

> pannek at veerle ~ $ scanimage -L
> device `pixma:MX870_canon.saberhage' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MX870
> multi-function peripheral
>
> pannek at veerle ~ $ scanimage -T
> scanimage: scanning image of size 638x877 pixels at 24 bits/pixel
> scanimage: acquiring RGB frame, 8 bits/sample
> scanimage: reading one scanline, 1914 bytes...  PASS
> scanimage: reading one byte...          PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 2 bytes...     PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 4 bytes...     PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 8 bytes...     PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 16 bytes...    PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 32 bytes...    PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 64 bytes...    PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 128 bytes...   PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 256 bytes...   PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 512 bytes...   PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 1024 bytes...  PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 2048 bytes...  PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 2047 bytes...  PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 1023 bytes...  PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 511 bytes...   PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 255 bytes...   PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 127 bytes...   PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 63 bytes...    PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 31 bytes...    PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 15 bytes...    PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 7 bytes...     PASS
> scanimage: stepped read, 3 bytes...     PASS
>
> Played a little bit with skanlite and it worked nice, but after a
> successful 1200 DPI scan  I restarted the client and now I only see a
> "No device found" message : (
>
> pannek at veerle ~ $ scanimage -L
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).

So could you try to get the same log file with scanimage -T , there may
be something in there showing where the bjnp dialog blocks. Could you
double check also if it's not a firewall issue for the 4 bjnp ports ?

Nicolas