[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MX870

Matthias Pannek matthias at pannek.de
Sat Jul 17 22:04:15 UTC 2010

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 21:17:44 +0200
Nicolas Martin <nicolas0martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Problem is, I don't see yet a solution to exit from this pitfall, need
> to think it over.

Ok.

> > ADF: Working until 600 DPI, i tried it with 1200 DPI and i just got
> > a "Error during read: Error during device I/O". Error and the
> > scanner stuck with a "Processing..." message until Power off/on.
> > (I know, max ADF resolution is 600 DPI)
>
> Could you take a log of this 1200 dpi sequence, normally, even if an
> error arises, the scan sequence should be fulfilled until the end, so
> maybe there's something else wrong here.
>
> In the meantime, I can add a simple a test for this model, to limit
> ADF scan to 600 dpi.

Good idea.

Here the log:
http://files.pannek.de/sane/1200dpi.zip

If you need a (big) log from an successful 600 dpi scan:
http://files.pannek.de/sane/600dpi.zip

> is not executed. I will propose a fix for that to be tested.

Thanks.

> Point is, I did not have yet any windows usb snoops for those
> particular cases, to confirm how the Canon driver behaves in those
> error situations.

Can i help somehow?

I have a Wireshark-log while running Windows in a VM using Canon
Scangear.
There is a info box while scanning without a document in the feeder and
i clicked two times "OK" (without a document in it):
http://files.pannek.de/sane/traffic.zip

> Ok, nominal cases work, but some tweaks are apparently needed when
> error conditions are met. So let's see how we can improve that.

Thanks,
    Matthias