[sane-devel] colour options

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Jul 28 18:27:30 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am about preparing a patch for sane to hint the options if they are
colour related or not. That information shall later help to more
acurately trigger ICC profile selection for the device and the driver
settings. The method was suggested around one year ago by Yiannis Belias
as the SANE_CAP_COLOUR flag.

My scanners are not that many and I have not to far reaching
understanding of SANE. So some help regarding the right options to
choose would be appreciated.

I have flagged
OPT_MODE,
OPT_SOURCE - sometimes,
OPT_THRESHOLD,
OPT_BRIGHTNESS - sounds familiar to me,
OPT_CONTRAST - familiar too,
OPT_EXPOSURE,
OPT_HALFTONE_PATTERN - not shure, but flagged,
OPT_RIF - not,
OPT_ATTENUATION_RED/G/B,
all OPTs with GAMMA in the name,
OPT_RESOLUTION - not,
OPT_QUALITY - not,
OPT_IMAGE_EMPHASIS - not shure, but flagged,
OPT_LAMP,
OPT_INVERSE,
OPT_RED/G/B_GAIN,
OPT_BITDEPTH - not,
OPT_BALANCE_FW,
OPT_FAST_GRAY_MODE,

Hints and corrections are welcome.
The patch will need some time to get through all backends.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management